Sultan-ul-Auliya Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Mohammad Abdul Aziz RA is the 29th Shaikh of the (Sarwari) Qadri Order to whom the Trust of Faqr was transferred by Shahbaz-e-Arifaan Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Syed Mohammad Bahadur Ali Shah RA.
He belonged to the Awan tribe and is the descendant of Sultan-ul-Arifeen Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo RA.
His family lineage is as under:
Sultan Mohammad Abdul Aziz RA son of Sultan Fateh Mohammad son of Sultan Ghulam Rasool son of Sultan Ghulam Miran son of Sultan Wali Mohammad son of Sultan Noor Mohammad son of Sultan Mohammad Hussain son of Sultan Wali Mohammad son of Sultan-ul-Arifeen Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo RA.
Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Mohammad Abdul Aziz RA was born early morning on Sunday March 12th 1911 AD (12th Rabi-ul-Awal 1329 H) in Samandri town near Shrine Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo Garh Maharajah, district Jhang.
Sacred Vision of Murshid First Sight
After his birth Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Mohammad Abdul Aziz RA did not open his eyes until the 7th day. His father took him to the shrine of Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo RA. At that time Pir Bahadur Ali Shah RA was present there. Sultan Fateh Mohammad requested Pir Sahib to bless his son as he had not yet opened eyes. As soon as he (Pir Bahadur Ali Shah) held the baby in his lap the baby opened his eyes.
Childhood & Youth
Since childhood he had an enlightened grace in his personality. Whoever met him, got impressed from his conduct and moral behaviour. His childhood and youth were very different from others. He was a quiet, graceful and sober person. He avoided unnecessary activities, games and gossips. Most of his time was spent in meditation and thinking.
Oath of Allegiance/Bayat
At the age of 21, Sultan Mohammad Abdul Aziz RA swore oath of allegiance upon the hands of Sultan Syed Mohammad Bahadur Ali Shah RA on Sunday March 13th 1932 AD (6 Ziq’qad 1350 H) after the Isha prayer.
Spiritual Sufi Order
His chain of Faqr was Sarwari Qadri. This is how it reaches him:
- Prophet Mohammad Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wa’alihi Wasallam
- Hazrat Ali bin Abu Talib Karum Allah Wajhu
- Hazrat Khawaja Hassan Basri Razi Allah Anhu
- Hazrat Shaikh Habib Ajmi RA
- Hazrat Shaikh Daud Tai RA
- Hazrat Shaikh Maroof Karkhi RA
- Hazrat Shaikh Sirri Saqti RA
- Hazrat Shaikh Junaid Baghdadi RA
- Hazrat Shaikh Jafar Abu Bakr Shibli RA
- Hazrat Shaikh Abdul Aziz Bin Hars Bin Asad Yemeni Tamimi RA
- Hazrat Shaikh Abu-al-Fazal Abdul Wahid Yemeni Tamimi RA
- Hazrat Shaikh Mohammad Yousaf Abu-al-Farrah Turtoosi RA
- Hazrat Shaikh Abu-al-Hassan Ali Bin Mohammad Qureshi Hankari RA
- Hazrat Abu Saeed Mubarak Makhzoomi RA
- Ghaus-ul-Azam Hazrat Shaikh Abdul Qadir Jilani Razi Allah Anhu
- Hazrat Shaikh Taj-ud-Din Abu Bakr Syed Abdul Razzaq Jilani RA
- Hazrat Shaikh Syed Abdul Jabbar RA
- Hazrat Shaikh Syed Mohammad Sadiq Yahya RA
- Hazrat Shaikh Syed Najm-ud-Din Burhan Puri RA
- Hazrat Shaikh Syed Abdul Fattah RA
- Hazrat Shaikh Syed Abdul Sattar RA
- Hazrat Shaikh Syed Abdul Baqqa RA
- Hazrat Shaikh Syed Abdul Jaleel RA
- Hazrat Shaikh Syed Abdul Rehman Jilani Dehlvi RA
- Sultan-ul-Arifeen Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo RA
- Sultan-ul-Tarikeen Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Syed Mohammad Abdullah Shah Madni Jilani RA
- Sultan-ul-Sabireen Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Pir Mohammad Abdul Ghafoor Shah RA
- Shahbaz-e-Arifaan Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Pir Syed Mohammad Bahadur Ali Shah RA
- Sultan-ul-Auliya Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Mohammad Abdul Aziz RA
Sultan Mohammad Abdul Aziz RA found eternal bliss in the love and slavery of his Murshid. He tried to take care of every work of his murshid himself. The fodder of the horses of Pir Sahib was sieved through a big sieve. He used to sieve all the fodder at night after everyone slept. The rumor went around that angels sieve fodder for the horses of Pir Sahib. One night Pir Sahib ordered one of his disciples to patrol at night and check who does this work. At night the disciple saw that Sultan Mohammad Abdul Aziz did all the work, Sultan Sahib requested him not to tell Pir Sahib. Next morning, when Pir Sahib asked the disciple about the last night’s incident, he told the truth. After that Pir Sahib stopped Sultan Abdul Aziz to do this work.
- When he annihilated in the love of his Murshid and found The Reality he uttered the following verses:
Explanation: I am so anxious to see my Murshid that my eyes are starring down his path every moment. The thirst of my eyes will be quenched only when they will have the privilege of seeing my Murshid. As he belongs to the sacred shrine of Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo RA, therefore I can’t keep my eyes off the sacred shrine. Since Pir Bahadur Ali Shah has become my beloved and compassionate friend my eyes do not want to see anything else in this world. His Divine Beauty has filled my eyes.
Throne of Divine Guidance
Almost all kinds of people came to him. He persuaded and granted them the beneficence of Ism-e-Allah Zaat according to their desire and intention. His way of persuasion was that he did not grant Ism-e-Allah Zaat to everyone but only to the true Seekers of Allah.
Maulvi Nizam-ud-Din Multani started translating the books of Sultan-ul-Arifeen Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo RA under the supervision of Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Pir Syed Mohammad Bahadur Ali Shah. While translating ‘Ain-ul-Faqr’ when he reached the sentence; “If the Murshid is at his initial point and the disciple at the final point, then the Murshid can take the disciple to a high spiritual level”, he got very confused about the meaning of this sentence. He read this sentence to Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Pir Syed Bahadur Ali Shah and asked, “Is it correct? Pir Bahadur Ali Shah sent him to Sultan Mohammad Abdul Aziz. Maulvi Nizam-ud-Din went to him and asked to explain the meaning of the sentence. Sultan Mohammad Abdul Aziz replied, “The initial point of a Murshid is the ‘point of eternity’ where there is Oneness and nothing else. From the descent of this Oneness diversity arose and everything was created. This material world is the last and final phase of the decent of Divine Oneness. A disciple is at this last point which is the diverse world. Now this is the marvel of the Murshid that he takes his disciple from this material world which is the lowest of the low to the highest point of the Divine Realm and Oneness.”
One day Sultan Abdul Aziz was going towards the shrine of his Murshid Pir Bahadur Ali Shah, a devotee Rab Nawaz Khan from Hathi Khail Mianwali came hurriedly towards Sultan Sahib and bowed head onto his feet. Sultan Sahib asked him what was the matter? He said crying, “My son is wrongfully accused of murder and tomorrow morning is his last hearing. Please pray for his bail.” Sultan Sahib told him to have patience and said that he will ask his Murshid and then let him know. Khan Sahib sat at the door of the sacred shrine while Sultan Sahib went in the shrine and closed the door. When he came out of the shrine, he told Khan Sahib that with the blessings of Syed Pir Bahadur Ali Shah his son was bailed out so he should gift a golden horse on this good news. Rab Nawaz asked, “Sir one horse or nine?” Hazrat Sahib replied, “I know you will not give even one, but remember if before going to court tomorrow morning, the handcuffs of your son Adil unlock and fall down, then the blessing of Pir Sahib is with him but if not then understand that he didn’t bless your son.” Next day at the hearing when police was taking his son to court, the handcuffs fell down. Then he was bailed out in court.
- Once Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Mohammad Abdul Aziz RA went to Garakod near Tanek Dera Ismail Khan. There, one of his disciples Malik Umer Daraz requested him, “Sir! I have no children, please have your blessings upon me and pray for me.” Sultan Sahib replied, “Almighty Allah will bless you with two sons. Name one son as Umar Hayat and the other one as Khizar Hayat.” Later, Allah blessed him with two sons.
In the beginning of April 1981 AD he was admitted in Mayo Hospital, Lahore for eye surgery. On April 8th 1981 he insisted that he wanted to go back to attend the Urs Pak Sultan-ul-Arifeen for the next day i.e. 9th. However, on April 11th the disease worsened. When they were leaving for Lahore, Sultan Sahib said, “Alright! I agree to the Will of Allah.” He was again admitted in the Mayo Hospital Lahore on the early morning of April 12th. Suddenly he felt drowsy. Then Sultan Sahib said, “It is the time of my prayer.” He did dry ablution with gestures and offered his prayer. After the Zohar prayer on Sunday, April 12th 1981 AD (7th Jammad-us-Sani 1401 H) Sultan Mohammad Abdul Aziz RA passed away at the age of 73. His funeral prayer was offered on April 13th at the shrine of Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo RA and was buried where his shrine is located currently.
His sacred shrine is located half a kilometer away North West of the shrine of Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Bahoo. A magnificent mosque was constructed adjacent to the shrine in the life of my beloved Murshid Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Mohammad Asghar Ali. The mosque and shrine is the reflection of the shrine of Sultan-ul-Arifeen.
Every year two big gatherings are held at his shrine. One program follows his death date according to the Hijri calendar, which is after the Urs Mubarak of Sultan-ul-Arifeen in Jammadi-us-Sani, on the Sunday and Monday coming after the first Thursday of Jammadi-us-Sani. The second big gathering of Milad-e-Mustafa Sall’Allahu Alayhi Wasallam follows his death date according to the solar calendar, on 12th and 13th April each year.
- Shams-ul-Fuqara–an encyclopedia of the teachings of Sultan-ul-Arifeen written by Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman ISBN 978-969-9795-04-6
- Sultan Bahoo-The Life and Teachings: (Shams-ul-Fuqara in English): written by Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman and Translation of by Yasmin Khurshid Malik Sarwari Qadri, Ambreen Moghees Sarwari Qadri, Neyn Tara Sarwari Qadri ISBN 978-969-9795-18-3
- Sufism:Heart of Islam written by Sadia Dehlvi ISBN978-93-5029-448-2
- Mujtaba Akhir Zamani-life history of the Mashaikhs of the Sarwari Qadri Order written by Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman ISBN 978-969-9795-07-7
- The Spiritual Guides of Sarwari Qadri Order: (Mujtaba Akhir Zamani in English): Written by Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman and Translation of by Yasmin Khurshid Malik Sarwari Qadri, Ambreen Moghees Sarwari Qadri, Neyn Tara Sarwari Qadri
- Sarwari Qadiri Order ISBN9781158473861
- Kalam Mashaikh Sarwari Qadri–poetry of spiritual guides of Sarwari Qadri Order written by Hazrat Sakhi Sultan Mohammad Najib-ur-Rehman ISBN 9789699795237
- Mirat-e-Sultani written by Dr. Sultan Altaf Ali
- Tazkira Auliya-e-Jhang’ written by: Iqbal Zuberi
- Tazkarah-tul-Auliya written by Hazrat Farid ud Din Attar RA
- Tareekh-e-Jhang written by: Iqbal Zuberi
- Biographical Encyclopedia of Sufis by N. Hanif ISBN 9788176250870